Thursday, February 05, 2009
My boat is being not so much REfurbished as DEfurbished. We have been busy stripping out all the things that don't work - i.e. almost everything, and now Brocade is nearly as naked as the day she was born.
I haven't quite figured out how to arrange photos in Blogger (for some reason it has loaded them in reverse order), and I am already late for dinner with the team, so please excuse lack of elegant formatting.
1. Me with John Dunning of Powerflare, who swung by today to drop off 4 Powerflares. They look really cool! Onboard disco! (and more seriously, an important safety device)
2. Riggers and spare oar cups have been removed from side decks and sent to Tom in Michigan so he can use them as templates for replacements.
3. Rollbar now denuded of antennae and cameras - I will use handheld and standalone units. Go Pro have sent 3 cameras, which look really cool.
4. Nav instruments removed - I'll just use the compass while I'm rowing, and check the GPS at the end of each shift.
5. Empty fore cabin
6. Empty aft cabin
7. One blushingly naked boat....
Must run - this has been thirsty/hungry work and dinner calls!